Air Clearbased in Elkton, MD, is an OEM of air pollution control equipment and is in need of anApplicationEngineer who isexperienced in the Air Emissions control equipment industry. This role requires someone that is comfortable with undertakingand (simultaneously) executing multiple projects. The primary focus will be on designing equipment, such as; Regenerative Thermal Oxidizers (RTOs), Catalytic Oxidizers (CATOXs), Thermal Oxidizers (TOX),FiberBedFilter Units (FBFs) and Granulated Activated Charcoal (GAC)Systems.
From business & proposal development, to project execution/closure, our project managers are the focal point of our client relationships and ensure client satisfaction by managing projects to include a well-defined scope, realistic schedule, and reasonable budget. Strong communication skills are used throughout the project life cycle to manage scope changes, project risk, the project team, and client relations.Application Engineering – work directly with potential customers to develop solutions required for specific projects. This would include reviewing theproject scope, equipment estimate and project schedule. Coordinate sales, engineering, and pre-proposal meetings and site visits, facilitate internal meetings and activities, and submissions of proposals to the client.
This position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer with the qualifications as follows:
- Bachelor’s or degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering (Preferred)
- Experience with Design/Engineering in the air emissions abatement/air pollution control industry required
- Understanding of engineering principles field of fluid mechanics, industrial fan application, combustion systems, thermal dynamics
- Direct experience with customer contact, follow through, ensuring customer satisfaction
- Self-motivating with excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
- Professional and technical verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to train younger/less experienced engineers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Project)
The candidate must have an engineering degree (mechanical, chemical, or electrical) and must have at least five years of work experience in the design and manufacture of oxidizers (experience in the field of Air Pollution Control).
The position is located in the Mid-Atlantic area. Relocation expenses will be considered.A hybrid Position is a possibility as well, however, the owner would prefer the candidate to be on location.
5-10% travel is required including air travel both domestic and international. Passport required. Travel to customer sites for interface meetings.
This position requires an Engineer who is a strong problem solver that is good at interacting with fellow engineers & occasional clients, someone that is an organized, problem solver, who thinks fast and can follow instructions carefully.
Bonus and Benefits (health and dental; 401K with match; vacation and holiday; tuition reimbursement)